We have been
shipping custom painted and motorcycle parts back and forth the U.S.
and Canada since long before the internet explosion. We have dealt
with shops, individual customers and large manufacturers and have
learned quite a bit about packaging and mailing precious cargo.
Here are some suggestions:
- Please make an effort to drain all gas and oil from tanks
before packaging. Also clean undersides of fenders of excess
grease, tar etc. There will be an extra charge for any excessive
cleaning of parts.
- Lots of room between parts packaged in the same box and lots
of foam peanuts, bubble wrap, cardboard cushions etc. Filling up
the void space in the box. There should be no way the parts can
move around once the box is closed.
- Use a good sturdy cardboard box and lots of quality tape,
not some funky box you've had in the garage for 20 years and
- Use shipping labels and write clearly. Also include your
name and address in an envelope inside the box with a list of
the parts enclosed in it.
- Mark any fenders, side covers, trim pieces, engine or drive
line parts with "front", "back", "top", or "bottom" etc., We
know what most of the stuff is and how it is oriented but we
can't possibly know how everything goes on every make and model.
- BUY INSURANCE!!! Both ways. To us and back to you.
- Don't be afraid to let the pros do it. Your local UPS or
FedEx shipping outlet will be glad to package your parts for you
for a nominal fee. Remember, these packages are being stacked on
top of and underneath other packages, run around conveyor lines
and fork lifts, loaded and unloaded off of docks and trucks so
even with the most careful preparation sometimes damage does
occur. However it has been our experience that with good
packaging practices, it is very rare. In any case buy insurance.
- When shipping your parts back to you, we go to great lengths
in our packaging methods including combinations of special
double wall boxing, expanding foam packets, bubble wraps, foam
peanuts etc. In order to insure that you receive your freshly
painted parts in he same "show quality" condition as when they
left our shop.
- Depending on the size and quantity of parts we are packing and
shipping we will charge fee's between $25 - $50 dollars in
addition to regular shipping charges. We normally ship U.P.S. or
FedEx ground but we can and will make any special shipping
arrangements you may desire. We offer worldwide shipping. Check
out the U.P.S. and FedEx shipping estimators provided here for
ball park estimates of your prospective shipping costs.
When we have reached agreement with you on design, colors and
final cost, we will require a 30% deposit of the total, minus
shipping and or excessive clean up costs to begin work on the
job. This can be done by using our Pay Pal or Secure Credit
Card options, or by money order or personal check, either in an
envelope taped to your parts inside of a box, or by mailing it
to us separately. (See
- Final Payment:
When the job is finished we will e-mail you a batch of pictures
of the work, along with a final invoice, including return
shipping charges. upon your approval, we will ship your parts
as soon as payment has been received in full.
- Methods of Payment:
We accept payment thru our Secure Credit Card form, Pay Pal or
Money Order. Personal checks are accepted for down payment only,
and if you are picking up your parts in person, we will gladly
accept cash. Also, we will consider trades on anything of value,
for either full or partial payment.
We will consider trades on (but not limited to) the following
- High performance and custom automobile parts
- Motorcycle parts - new or used, high performance, stock or
- High quality hand tools, power tools, machine tools etc.
- High quality automobile type spray painting - body shop
- High quality art equipment and air brush items
- High quality audio & video equipment
- High quality computer and office equipment
- High quality camera and studio equipment
- High quality jewelry - platinum, gold, silver, diamonds and
- Memorabilia - collectable items
- Neon signs - clocks etc.
- High quality firearms and sporting equipment
- High quality welding equipment
- High quality health & exercise equipment
This is a partial list, as we said earlier we will consider
trades on "anything" of value, no junk and absolutely no hot
(stolen) stuff. Give us a call, lets see if we can make a deal.